Call for Entries to honor the contributions and impact of IT professionals across all industries open now through August 31, 2020
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#ITProDay—SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, is seeking nominations for its inaugural IT Pro Day Awards program, which is designed to celebrate the contributions IT professionals have made to their field this year. Winners will be announced during the upcoming annual IT Professionals Day holiday on September 15, 2020.
“The IT professional is the unsung hero of today’s modern business, and the global pandemic has elevated IT pros as essential workers—working behind the scenes keeping global organizations performing and our lives running smoothly, all while managing the challenges of remote work and increased burdens on IT environments. Being an IT professional means considering the unprecedented and constantly seeking ways to use technology to solve problems, and this has never rung truer than in 2020,” said Rani Johnson, chief information officer, SolarWinds. “We’re thrilled to introduce the IT Pro Day Awards as another opportunity for all organizations and the global IT community itself to recognize the technology professionals who keep us connected, productive, and ready for what comes next.”
Celebrated on the third Tuesday of each September, IT Pro Day was established in 2015 to thank all those who keep the wheels of IT turning: system administrators, network engineers, database administrators, information security professionals, developers, MSPs, IT support techs, and a plethora of other IT-related professionals. The new IT Pro Day Awards program extends this annual celebration by recognizing IT professionals—at any level of an organization—who have demonstrated excellence in their profession this year (since January 1, 2020).
For this first year of the awards, IT pros are welcome to nominate their industry friends, peers, and colleagues in the following categories now through August 31, 2020:
- Rookie of the Year: We all start somewhere—and we want to pay special attention to the rising stars of IT. This award recognizes an IT pro new to the profession who’s made an immediate impact, whether by developing new skills (technical or otherwise), contributing to the success of a challenging project, or driving measurable results for the business.
- Rockstar of the Year: This award honors an IT pro or team who has gone above and beyond the typical IT call of duty. They may have managed/executed on a shoestring budget, took on a challenging request or led a project that generated tangible business results, picked up extra shifts in response to strained staffing resources during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, or committed their free time to upskilling to have a transformational impact on their organization.
- IT Mentor of the Year: This award recognizes a seasoned IT pro who has supported and empowered others to be successful by sharing their experience with their team(s). This person regularly leads by example, helps foster growth and development, and has shown sustained commitment to the advancement of their organization through technology.
- Trailblazer: Part of what makes IT so important to modern organizations is the transformative impact new, innovative strategies and technologies can deliver. This award recognizes an individual or team who has experimented with or implemented something new and out of their comfort zone. Did this person conceptualize the rollout of a DevOps approach, test automation, or begin exploring the role of data-driven operations in the data center? Highlight why their work qualifies as “unprecedented” and its potential measurable outcomes.
Nominations will be reviewed by a panel of judges comprised of the SolarWinds Head Geeks™ and prominent industry leaders—Denny Cherry, Karen López, and Silvia Spiva. The judges will evaluate nominations based on the achievements of IT pros, including specific challenges, project or technology implementation hurdles, measurable results and data points, or other qualitative/quantitative context best demonstrating the values and goals outlined in the chosen category.
To nominate a technology professional for the IT Pro Day Awards 2020, please complete and submit entries in the online form by 11:59 p.m. CT on August 31, 2020. Winners will be notified in early September and celebrated as part of IT Pro Day on September 15, 2020.
Any questions on the submission process or the awards program itself can be directed to ITProDayAwards@solarwinds.com.
IT Professionals Day
IT Professionals Day annually recognizes and celebrates all IT professionals, regardless of discipline. Whereas holidays such as System Administrator Appreciation Day recognize one category of the profession, IT Professionals Day honors not only system administrators, but network engineers, database administrators, information security professionals, developers, MSPs, IT support technicians, and all other professionals serving in IT-related roles. Please visit ITProDay.org to learn more.
- National Day Calendar: IT Professionals Day
- SolarWinds Establishes IT Professionals Day as Official Holiday
Connect with SolarWinds
SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) is a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software. Our products give organizations worldwide—regardless of type, size, or complexity—the power to monitor and manage their IT services, infrastructures, and applications; whether on-premises, in the cloud, or via hybrid models. We continuously engage with technology professionals—IT service and operations professionals, DevOps professionals, and managed services providers (MSPs)—to understand the challenges they face in maintaining high-performing and highly available IT infrastructures and applications. The insights we gain from them, in places like our THWACK community, allow us to solve well-understood IT management challenges in the ways technology professionals want them solved. Our focus on the user and commitment to excellence in end-to-end hybrid IT management has established SolarWinds as a worldwide leader in solutions for network and IT service management, application performance, and managed services. Learn more today at www.solarwinds.com.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks of) their respective companies.
© 2020 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.